NWFF01 • October 31- November 02, 2017
Submissions to our 1st annual Festival are open as of July 12 2017.
Entries will be viewed by a programming committee and entrants will be notified of the decision regarding their film/video in September 2017. Submission copies will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, prepaid envelope or a courier account number.
20th August 2017
Rules And Regulations
FILM MAKERS MUST BE WOMEN OF AFRICAN DESCENT.
FILMS COMPLETED AFTER JANUARY 2013 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR SUBMISSION.
SHORT FILMS MUST NOT EXCEED 20MINUTES.
FEATURE LENGTH FILMS MUST NOT EXCEED 120MINUTES.
NON ENGLISH SPEAKING FILMS MUST HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
- Film title
- Name of Director(s), Writer(s) and Producer(s)
- Applicant’s role(s) on film project
- Genre (fiction / documentary/ animation
- Feature / short films
- Categories (film for women / film by women / film for women by men)
- A brief synopsis
- Country of production
- Date of completion
- Runtime, including credits
- Year of release
- Trailer link (if available)
Sending by Mail or Courier
NWFF Programming Committee
P. O. Box G.P.O. 22490,
*Please ensure that your package is marked "no commercial value." Any package incurring brokerage fees will be returned unopened.
- *DVD COPY
* QuickTime MOV, using the following codecs in order of preference:
- Apple ProRes 422
(regular, not HQ or LT)
- Frame rate, aspect ratio/letterboxing and audio layout should be specified in the file name or in an accompanying text file.
- All audio in the .MOV files should be uncompressed Linear PCM.
- MKV files are not acceptable, due to the difficulty in dealing with them.